Friday, February 20, 2015

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie


So confession time... in LA, there's this smoothie place that makes absolutely delicious smoothies. And unfortunately, it's pricey as hell. I'm embarrassed to say that I have spent $8 on a smoothie and that it might have happened several times.  Because I couldn't live with the guilt anymore, I decided I would make my own. I mean, it's a smoothie, right? I worked at Jamba Juice in high school so who better than me to make smoothies at home?

This delicious, very purple smoothie includes coconut milk (the kind in a quart, not a can), frozen blueberries, almond butter, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, and dates. The secret is to get whole, pitted dates-- that makes blending a lot easier. 

Now enjoy your refreshing, delicious smoothie and put that $8 in your rainy day fund!


No comments:

Post a Comment